This course will teach you to create a basic WordPress website using a basic theme and your own content and images, on a test site. This website will be used throughout all three WordPress courses, and you will eventually export your work to a file that can be uploaded to your own site. You will learn how to navigate the WordPress dashboard. You will also learn to create posts and pages, and add images and other media.
- WordPress Level 2
- WordPress SEO
- CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) Level 1
- CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) Level 2
- HTML5 Level 1
- HTML5 Level 2
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone wanting to learn about the beginnings of WordPress.
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Basic PC knowledge
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you will know how to create a test site in WordPress. You will know how to work with this test site to make adjustments to get to your final product for uploading to your website. This website will more than satisfy the online needs of both your organization and your customers.
Attend And You Will Learn
- Creating a WordPress website for your business or organization
- Navigating the WordPress dashboard
- Creating pages
- Creating posts
- Managing menus
- Adding images and other media to pages and posts
- Tailoring a basic theme
- Using widgets and simple plugins
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Competency : Certificate in Digital Marketing Competency