Microsoft® SharePoint® is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint Team Site so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage a SharePoint site.
You should have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 8 and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 suite components. SharePoint Level 1 knowledge is suggested.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create a SharePoint team site and perform basic content management tasks on a single SharePoint site.
Attend And You Will Learn
Creating a New Site
- Create a SharePoint site
- Changing the look and feel of your site
Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Configuring a document library
- Configuring the site Assets library
- Adding and configuring a Wiki
Adding and Configuring Lists
- Adding an announcement list
- Adding and configuring a task
- Adding and configuring contact and calendar lists
- Adding and configuring a blog subsite
- Adding and configuring a custom list
- Customizing list forms
Configuring Site Settings, Navigation, and Search
- Configuring site search options
- Configuring site administration settings
- Configure site organization and navigation
Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Sharing sites and setting site permissions
- Secure lists, libraries, and dcuments
Configure Content Roll-up, Summary Links, and Site Map
- Adding and configuring the content search web part
- Adding and configuring the relevant documents web part