This course will show you how to use PHP with a MySQL database. Learn how to connect MySQL databases and all PHP programming and development that go along with databases. You will learn how to connect MySQL databases using PHP statements, how to set up local servers, and about form handling with MVC.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is for individuals who know PHP and MySQL and would like to learn to connect the two.
This course is for PHP and MySQL users or individuals who have equivalent knowledge.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you will know how to set up the local server and install PHP and MySQL. You will know how to connect the MySQL databases.
Attend And You Will Learn
Setting Up the Local Server
- Installing XAMPP server, MySQL and PHP
- Review PHP and MySQL
Connecting to MySQL
- PHP connect and database statements
- PDO statement objects and exceptions
- Creating a login file
- Executing and leveraging queries
- Deleting a record
- Displaying the form
- Creating a table
- Describing a table and dropping a table
- Adding data, retrieving data, updating data, and deleting data
- Searching data and records
Form Handling and Using the MVC Pattern
- Concept of MVC
- Building forms, validating data, regular expressions
- The form attributes
- Using cookies in PHP
- Using sessions in PHP