With PHP, you can build dynamic, data-driven Web sites that use a variety of databases. Easy-to-understand code samples will be used to demonstrate the many elements and techniques used in PHP programming. This course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of the open source PHP development. You will learn PHP essentials and the basics of PHP programming and development.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the individual who is well versed in HTML and who has had at least some experience with scripting languages and SQL. This is a serious programming course
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
It is suggested that you have HTML programming experience and basic programming knowledge or eqivalent knowledge.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon completion this course you will be able to immediately use PHP to create impressive Web sites.
Attend And You Will Learn
Setting Up the Local Server and Introduction to PHP
- Installing XAMPP server and PHP
- Incorporating PHP within HTML
- The structure of PHP: using comments, multiple-line commands
- Basic syntax: variables, operators, variable assignment
- Variable typing, constants, predefined constants, variable scope functions
Expressions and Control Flow in PHP
- Literals and variables
- Operators, relational operators
- Conditionals, the If statement, the Else statement , the Else If statement
- The Switch statement
- The ? operator
- Looping: while loops, do ... while loops, for loops
- Breaking out of a loop: the continue statement
- Basic syntax
- Numerically indexed arrays, associative arrays
- Assignment using the array keyword
- The foreach ... as loop
- Using array functions: is_array, count, sort, etc.
- Multidimensional arrays