Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® has given you basic database management skills such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, share data across applications, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
See specific content information below in the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who wish to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft® Office Access® program.
Attend and You Will ReceiveParticipants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University
We recommend that you first take one of our introductory courses such as Microsoft® Office Access® Level 1, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend and You Will Learn
Designing a Relational Database
- Relational database design
- Creating a table
- Creating table relationships
- Creating query joins
- Joining tables with no common fields
- Relating data within a table
- Working with subdata sheets
- Creating subqueries
Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Data normalization
- Creating a junction table
- Improving table structure
Sharing Data Across Applications
- Importing data into Access
- Exporting data to text file formats
- Exporting Access data to Excel
- Creating a mail merge
- Organizing report information
- Formatting reports
- Include control formatting in a report
- Adding a calculated field to a report
- Adding a subreport to an existing report