Excel is the software program most requested by today's employers. In this course, you will gain a fundamental understanding of the basic functionality in Excel. You will begin by navigating the Excel environment. From there, you will perform the basic tasks associated with creating and saving Excel worksheets and exploring the Help system. You will use formulas and functions to perform calculations in your worksheets, and you will modify worksheets by manipulating cells and data, by searching for and replacing data, and by checking for spelling errors. You will format worksheets and prepare them for printing. You will also begin working with larger workbooks that contain multiple worksheets.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
- Excel Level 2
- Excel Level 3
- Excel Data Analysis With PivotTables
- Excel Data Analysis With Power Pivot
- Excel Dashboards
- Excel Charts And Graphs
- Excel Lookups
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel worksheets.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using the personal computer. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel worksheets.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Excel to perform routine spreadsheet functions.
Attend And You Will Learn
Getting Started with Excel
- Identifying the elements of the Excel interface
- Creating a basic worksheet
- Using the help system
- Creating formulas in a worksheet
- Inserting functions in a worksheet
- Reusing formulas
Modifying a Worksheet
- Manipulating data
- Inserting, manipulating, and deleting cells, columns, and rows
- Searching for and replacing data
- Spell checking a worksheet
Formatting a Worksheet
- Modifying fonts
- Adding borders and color to cells
- Applying number formats
- Aligning cell contents
- Applying cell styles
- Applying Basic Conditional Formatting
Printing Workbook Contents
- Defining the basic page layout for a workbook
- Refining the Page Layout and Apply Print Options
Managing Large Workbooks
- Formatting worksheet tabs
- Managing worksheets
- Managing the view of worksheets and workbooks