In this course, you will work with QuickBooks software, which is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses keep their books easily and accurately. You will begin with an introduction to the software and some basic file management principles. Then you will learn the fundamental skills needed to effectively deal with customers, vendors, and banking transactions. Finally, you will create your own company file. After completing this course, you will be ready to move onto more advanced QuickBooks tasks. See specific content information below in the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by anyone interested in learning how to use the basic features of QuickBooks.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use QuickBooks software to help small and medium-sized businesses keep their books easily and accurately.
Attend And You Will Learn
- Planning and creating a company
- Choosing your start date
- Editing your QuickBooks preferences
- The Chart of Accounts
- Working with customers
- Working with the Customer Center
- Managing the Customers & Jobs List
- Creating invoices
- Working with customer-related reports
- Working with vendors
- Exploring the Vendor Center
- Entering and paying bills
- Passing on expenses to customers
- Producing vndor and P&L reports
- Banking with QuickBooks
- Creating bank accounts
- Reviewing the Undeposited Funds Account
- Dealing with bounced checks
- Reconciling accounts