This two-day course takes you from introductory to advanced levels of using Tableau. You will learn custom mapping and multi-pass table calculations, you will then combine them with visuals on a dashboard that can be published to the web (Tableau Online). Upon completion, you will be able to show your own data using the dynamic visuals, provided within Tableau.
See specific content information below in the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Introduction to Tableau Level 1
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend And You Will Learn
- Overview of Tableau
- Connecting to your data
- Moving from foundational to advanced visualization
- Analysis/ creating views
- Using row-level and aggregate calculations calculated fields
- Table calculations: creating and using parameters
- Statistics and forecasting: adding value to analysis – trends, distributions, and forecasting
- Interact, edit, and author on the web
- Share and collaborate in the cloud
- Collaborate with Tableau online
- Publish to Tableau server
- Advanced techniques, tips, and tricks
- Labs/ /hands-on/projects