This course will teach you the basics of video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, video import, export, and editing. You will learn how to integrate photographs, graphics, titles and text; primary color-correction, using key frames to fine-tune audio and video effects, and rendering and outputting digital video.
See specific content information below the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Successful completion of Premiere Pro 1; or familiarity and comfort working within the Adobe Premiere work space - including tools; and experience using Adobe Premiere to create basic edits, standard audio and transitions, and auto color corrections; knowledge and comfort exporting videos using standard codecs.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend And You Will Learn
- Proper set up for your video editing workstation
- Setting up and organizing media
- Refining the edit
- Creating J & L cuts
- Making primary color corrections- white balance, contrast, etc.
- Using curves, levels, and color wheels for color correction
- Making primary audio corrections by clip or track
- Using keyframes to fine-tune your audio and video transitions and effects
- Designing titles within Premiere Pro
- Adding with photographs and graphics to your video
- Manipulating clip speed
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
Notes / Additional Information
Required Materials: 500MB or higher USB drive and quality headphones
Optional Materials: Video files to edit
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Videography for Business : Certificate in Videography for Business