This course will cover basic polygonal modeling techniques for beginners in Maya, including working with geometric forms and using modeling tools to create objects. Discussion will also go over applying textures to your model, as well as lighting and rendering. See specific content information below in the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who are interested in learning to design and manipulate objects using Maya.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Basic knowledge of photo editing in Photoshop is helpful, but not required.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you will understand the basics of how to use Maya to create and manipulate objects.
Attend And You Will Learn
- Introduction to the interface
- Using basic geometric forms to create more complex objects
- Using the modeling tools to add details to your models
- Basics of shaders and UV mapping
- Creating textures in Photoshop
- Applying textures to an object
- Basic 3-point lighting setup