This course will introduce you to advanced programming using the Python programming language. Emphasis will be placed on the advanced programming concepts including advanced algorithms and programming principles utilizing standard and third-party library tools. Upon completion, you should be able to design, code, test, and debug advanced Python language programs.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by anyone interested in developing applications using Python.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
You should have Introduction to Python Programming or equivalent experience.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
- Discover how to work with files and databases
- Understand objects, methods, and object-oriented programming
- Use debugging techniques to fix syntax, run time, and semantic errors
- Explore interface design, data structures, and GUI-based programs
Attend And You Will Learn
- Review of Python: lists, dictionaries, and tuples
- Files: reading and writing
- Object-oriented programming: classes and objects, methods, and functions
- Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Turtle graphics
- Writing GUI-programs
- Word frequency analysis
- Introduction to Python for data analysis (time permitting)