The seminar will give you, the professional, a tool to help you identify what effective communication looks like, and how to use this knowledge to be more personally productive and to become more capable with others. You will be able to hear the real message being communicated by interpreting both words and body language, and using the clarifying methods of active listening and feedback.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This seminar should be attended by professionals who want to improve their verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
This seminar is designed to help professionals communicate successfully with the people in their lives – in the workplace, at home, and/or in their community.
Attend And You Will Learn
- The steps in the communication process
- 8 barriers to communication
- Verbal communication tips
- Guidelines for speaking plain language
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Positive and negative body language identifiers
- The complete list of open and closed gestures
- 6 ways to improve communication
- Traits of active listeners
- Top 10 rules of effective listening
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Professional Development : Take 10 of these courses: