We are now living at a time in which there are five different generations in the workforce. In fact, there are five very different generations that often do not understand each other and frequently have trouble working harmoniously together. This seminar is designed to help professionals learn the different characteristics assigned to each generation in order to promote understanding, and to enable you to realize that the most effective work teams will include members from each generation.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This seminar should be attended by the proactive IT leader and/or IT professional who wants to communicate and interact more effectively across generational lines, and/or to put together a team that is balanced, multi-talented and more effective due to the broad range of talents, skills, and outlooks.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
You will be able to work more effectively with members of all five generations, promoting cross-collaborative projects that pull the best from all involved.
Attend And You Will Learn
- The aging workforce and labor shortage implications
- Traditionals, Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Gen Z
- Benefits of a multi-generational team for all professions
- IT challenges in the workplace
- Best intergenerational communication practices
- How to improve cross-generational practices in the workplace
- How to manage generations successfully
Notes / Additional Information
For a full color brochure, click here.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Professional Development : Take 10 of these courses: