Business and Professional Coaching Certificate Program
ICF Approved ACSTH program!
The North Carolina State University Business and Professional Coaching Certificate Program is the leading university-based, ICF-approved program in North Carolina led by credentialed coaches.
- Outstanding Faculty: Lead facilitators are practicing coaches with executive experience as well as leadership and organization development background. Over the course of the program, visiting faculty will include accomplished coaches who will bring you cutting-edge learning and trends in the art, science, and practice of coaching.
- The program is both theoretical and practical. As a participant, you will study the principles and models of coaching and develop coaching proficiency with real clients. Topics in both personal and business coaching will be addressed.
- This is a full-immersion program, where you will be provided an experiential environment that enhances your personal development as a coach: self-awareness and development as well as social awareness, strengths, and effective tools for personal growth and development.
- Coaching: The power of coaching is best understood through experience. This program will provide you the opportunity to coach and be coached. You will gain 40 hours of coaching experience with your own clients, in addition to peer coaching in small groups.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders seeking an encore career or who are wanting to integrate coaching skills into their leadership style
- Experienced human resource professionals, organization development professionals, and consultants who are seeking to expand their skill sets to include coaching
- Practicing coaches who are seeking professional certification and/or credentialing from ICF
- Counselors, psychologists or therapists who want to develop a coaching skill set to expand their practices
- Professionals who are seriously interested in pursuing business or personal coaching as a profession
- Professionals who want to develop greater proficiency in executive, wellness, or life coaching
Attend and You Will Receive
- 147 total classroom hours - 14.7 CEUs
- 142.25 CCEUs for ICF coach specific training
- 136.5 credits for HR Certification Institute towards PHR, SPHR or GPHR*
- Education credits to satisfy both ICF ACC AND PCC credentialing requirements
- Professional instruction
- Your own coaching mentor
- Textbook and reference materials
- Supplemental materials
- A certificate in coaching
* hours are pending HRCI approval
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
- Understand social science concepts that form the foundation for coaching principles, skills, and techniques
- Learn coaching concepts and processes
- Create a supportive environment that produces mutual respect and trust
- Develop the capacity to be fully present and create a spontaneous relationship with the client
- Listening and empathy
- Question and summarize
- Use intuition and problem solving
- Appreciate the importance of one’s continued development as a basis of building effective coaching relationships
- Use one’s own internal processes as a source of information
- Understand and become committed to the ethical guidelines and standards of the profession
- Develop a strategy for a practice either as an internal coach or an independent business coach
- Understand a range of businesses, organizational, and management concepts and their implications for business coaching
Attend And You Will Learn
Coaching Theory and Models
- Roots of coaching – influence of psychology, philosophy and social sciences
- Distinctions – clarify and respect the helping roles: coaching, therapy, consulting, mentoring and training
- Change model
- Coaching models and evidence-based theories
- The science of coaching – neurobiology
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business and Professional Coaching Certificate : Business Coaching Certificate