Effective communication and effective inclusion are more important than ever before in our accelerated and emotionally charged world. Experts have shown that we all have some form of unconscious bias in the workplace, regarding cultural, generational and gender diversity, which can be useful or detrimental. Successful marketing depends upon our ability to recognize these biases and apply effective communication skills to develop rapport. Well-defined customer personas and a clear understanding of the customer's unique needs and their buyer's journey are critical for creating relevant messaging.
This workshop dives into building relationships, developing trust, and inspiring more productive results. Participants will explore types of communication both on and offline, practice effective communication skills and strategies, examine communication preferences, and apply these to both business communications and marketing to diverse audiences.
See specific content information below in "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Who Should AttendAnyone can attend this class
Attend and You Will ReceiveUpon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate from NC State University.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend and You Will Learn
- The communication process and effective communication
- How to identify barriers to effective communication
- Explore biases, stereotypes, assumptions, and attitudes that may exist and how our senses and perceptions affect our communication
- Identify cultural, generational, and gender-based values and preferences for interaction
- Examine effective techniques and strategies for marketing to diverse audience
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Competency : Electives