Approximately 75 million websites are currently built with WordPress. Given the volume of websites built on this platform, this course will focus on how to get started with search engine optimization (SEO) using WordPress. You will gain a fundamental understanding of SEO and the tools used for this type of marketing with a WordPress website.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who desire to gain the necessary skills to implement search engine optimization strategies on a WordPress site.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
You should have a basic understanding of how to use a WordPress website, install plugins, and edit content.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to implement routine search engine optimization marketing strategies on a WordPress website.
Attend and You Will Learn
- Keywords - very simple ways to identify keywords and how to use them
- URL Structure - options for a new site, how to work with an existing site and avoid migration problems
- Categories and Tags - how and when to use them, and how to manage migration to improve an existing site
- Site Speed, Mobile Friendliness, and User Experience - the core goals of the search engine, and their impact on the future of SEO
- SEO Plugins - most popular plugins to help with on-page SEO
- Data Collection - most popular tools for measuring results and developing marketing audiences
- Database Optimization, Backups, and Updates - make your business look professional online
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Competency : Electives