We have all heard about feeding that content monster and know how demanding that task can be. Yet creating and distributing quality content is at the heart of digital marketing. Finding free or affordable tools and shortcuts can help to reduce the time spent creating and managing your content and get the results you need.
A picture is worth a thousand words and visual media is also key to your digital marketing effectiveness. Images and video are crucial to attracting customers and engaging them, yet it can be difficult to set aside the time to find tools and learn to use them effectively. What are some free, valuable tools for creating and editing visual media content? How do the features and capabilities compare? Explore the ins and outs of visual content creation tools like CANVA, Stencil, Pablo, Wave and Adobe Spark, and resources for royalty-free images and video.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone interested in finding content marketing tools to become more efficient with the creation and management of content on their site.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
For this class you will need to have a Google Chrome account and establish several online accounts in class (or you will need access to your existing accounts).
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use free and affordable tools to help reduce the time spent creating and managing your content.
Attend and You Will Learn
In this class you will:
- Review the basics of content marketing and alignment with strategic planning, the buyer’s journey, and the sales funnel
- Identify your audience, appropriate channel, and types of content to distribute there
- Use various online tools to identify the content your audience wants and needs
- Consider the value of aggregating vs. curating vs. original content and explore tools for accomplishing each
- Become familiar with tools for distributing content and analyzing your progress towards your content marketing KPIs
- Explore examples of effective visual media across popular social media marketing channels
- Review tips and creating good videos and photos
- Identify various image and video sizes and restrictions across channels
- Review copyright and accessibility requirements
- Discover an assortment of resources for public domain, royalty-free images, and music
- Establish accounts and learn to create and edit images in a variety of free programs such as Canva, Pablo, Stencil, and Adobe Spark
- Practice and evaluate assorted free image editing tools such as Remove.bg
- Acquire tips, tricks, and resources