Is your business found online? Explore a variety of considerations and possibilities for establishing your online presence and reputation from Google My Business, reviews, landing pages, and easy websites to accessibility, SEO, privacy, and copyright concerns. Then dive into a strategic planning and a hands-on exploration of tools for designing and developing your website.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone interested in using simple tools to build their own website presence.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
For this class, you will need a Google Chrome account and an idea for a website that you will practice creating.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend And You Will Learn
In this class you will:
- Explore various opportunities for online presence: Google Business and other directories, reviews, and web pages
- Review claiming your domain and website hosting
- Create a strategy for developing your online presence referencing your business goals, buyer's journey, and target audience
- Identify your online content and create a website layout
- Become familiar with website building tools and their features
- Create a practice website in Google Sites and Wix
- Format the site's appearance: fonts, sections, background, navigation, images
- Add, delete, and organize pages
- Add files: documents, presentations, sheets, forms, images, charts, maps, calendars, and videos
- Embed content from other websites
- Work with themes or templates
- Make a copy of your site
- Edit, share, and learn how to publish a site
- Become familiar with options for adding Google Analytics to track website data
- Understand ADA, copyright, and GDPR guidelines and requirements
- Apply SEO practices including optimization for mobile
- Explore landing page options
- Add social media icons and links