Every picture tells a story and Instagram is all about creating and sharing images and video. In this hands-on class, you will create a business page (if necessary) and review the features and settings in Instagram to ensure that you are maximizing your use. Then we will have fun learning to create Instagram stories, posts, and videos using built-in tools, special tips and tricks, IGTV, and third-party apps. Along the way, we will share ideas for using Instagram effectively to market your business, convert sales, and explore how Instagram fits your business plan. Join us to become an Instagram star.
See specific content information below in sections "Expected Outcomes" and "Attend and You Will Learn."
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
You will need to have installed the Instagram app on your phone for class and know your account access information for the computer.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create Instagram stories on your mobile device.
Attend And You Will Learn
In this class you will briefly review:
- Creating and editing your profile for either personal or business use
- Navigating the app to locate tools and features
- Creating an effective profile bio
- Adjusting settings to customize your Instagram account
- Using search and explore to find people and hashtags
- Using hashtags on Instagram
- Making and viewing likes, comments, and mentions
- Using Instagram photo maps
- Using Instagram direct to message
- Using third-party apps for additional features
- Posting IGTV and live video
Notes / Additional Information
You will create Instagram stories, posts, and videos including:
- Using the camera for image and video creation
- Adding existing pictures and video
- Enhancing the story or post with markup tools and features to draw, highlight, add text and emojis
- Saving stories to your photo library
- Deleting stories
- Managing story menus and settings
- Locating views and messages
- Finding new story content from people you follow
You will receive tips and tricks for marketing with Instagram to promote and convert, and brainstorm ideas for using Instagram stories for business. In addition, you will learn to create Instagram ads and interpret Instagram insights to help meet your Instagram marketing goals.