ACI/NCDOT Concrete Field Technician, Grade 1
This course is part of a technical support and outreach agreement between NC State University and the NCDOT to provide enhanced training/certification opportunities to the concrete industry in areas related to concrete materials and quality control/assurance methods and technologies.
The NC State University training/certification course follows the same format as the one originally developed by the NCDOT for this purpose. The course takes three days to complete. ACI and NCDOT "Concrete Field Technician Grade 1" certifications are the results of adequate performance in both fields and written examinations required by ACI and NCDOT. The course takes place on NC State University campus. You will be properly advised about the course location and schedule upon registration and payment.
Class materials will be given out to each student on the first day of the course. Students can view and print course materials before the start of the class by using the following instructions:
How to view NCDOT Course Documents in Preparation for the NCSU NCDOT/ACI Class:
- Use web address: Study Guide
- Look on your right at “Training Schools”
- Click on “Concrete Certification Schools”
- Scroll down until you see “Concrete Certification School Documents”
- Select the document you want to review/study
How to view NCDOT Grades:
- Use web address: https://connect.ncdot.gov/resources/Materials/pages/concretecertificationschools.aspx
- Look on your right at "Training Schools"
- Click on "Concrete Certification Schools"
- Scroll down until you see "Grades"
- Find and click on the spreadsheet that corresponds to the class, date, and time of your exam.
For more information about the course material, please contact Roberto Nuñez via email.
Who Should Attend
- Ready-mix concrete personnel
The course is designed for individuals who have an interest in obtaining both ACI and NCDOT certifications as "Concrete Field Technician Grade 1." Students should have a basic understanding of concrete technology, be able to perform simple volume/density calculations, be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, and be able to maintain a high level of physical activity during the four hours required for the field test.
Notes / Additional Information
Re-tests are provided only to students who failed to score a passing grade on one of the ACI or NCDOT examinations within the last six months. Students who failed both examinations must re-take the entire course. For information about registering for re-tests, please contact Carolyn Howard at 919.513.2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that proof of failure must be provided to take the re-test.