Administering sound and accurate procurement processes within the school nutrition program is critical to accountability and regulatory compliance. This course is a continuation of the Procurement University for School Nutrition Programs: Understanding and Applying Sound Procurement Practices. The content will enhance participants’ understanding and application of the federal procurement practices and purchasing regulations guiding school food authorities (SFAs) in the school nutrition procurement environment. Participants will also receive guidance on SFA-specific procurement and solicitation concerns during guided roundtable discussions and problem solving with peer school nutrition professionals. Successful completion of Procurement University for School Nutrition Programs: Understanding and Applying Sound Procurement Practices is a prerequisite for this course. This course provides 6 contact hours of professional development credit for learning code 2400 Purchasing/Procurement.
See specific content information below in the "Attend and you Will Learn" section.
Who Should AttendSchool nutrition administrators
Attend and You Will ReceiveParticipants will receive a Certificate of Participation from North Carolina State University upon successful completion of this workshop. This course will also provide professional development continuing education credit for learning code: 2400 Purchasing/Procurement.
PrerequisitesThe prerequisite for this course is OPD-SDPIPUSNP-C Procurement University for School Nutrition Programs.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend and You Will
- Summarize fundamentals of the federal and state procurement processes relevant to school nutrition programs
- Discern appropriate procurement methods for school nutrition programs
- Examine the procurement process steps
- Share best practice procurement activities
- Generate guided solutions to procurement questions and concerns
- Create sound procurement solutions for SFA procurement concerns through group activity engagement