Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the art and science of getting your content found on the internet. The primary search engine that people think about with SEO is Google. However, these same marketing strategies are used on Amazon, LinkedIn, YouTube, and many other websites that have a search feature.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of SEO which will help your content be found online. SEO is an essential skill for building an audience, sharing your ideas, and driving sales on the internet.
- WordPress SEO
- Mastering Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce
- Google Analytics
- WordPress Level 1
- WordPress Level 2
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to optimize their content to be found in search.
Attend and You Will Receive
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Students should have a basic understanding of how to use Windows PCs and find content on the internet using a search engine.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Excel to perform routine spreadsheet functions.
Attend And You Will Learn
- People, Spiders, & Content - motivations of users, search engines, and marketers
- Understanding Search Engines - brief overview of how the search engine works today
- Panda, Penguin, & Algo Changes - Google updates & improvements to search results pages
- Vertical SEO - Google, YouTube, Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, and others
- Content Planning - keyword research, LSI, & content calendar
- Measuring Success - goals & KPI
- Five Foundation SEO Tools - popular tools used for SEO
- Learning More About SEO - resources for continuing education about SEO