This 3-day course was developed for--and with--the NC Department of Public Instruction School Nutrition Service Section, with a goal of providing school nutrition administrators with the experiences and skills education needed to create a strong school nutrition leadership community. It is designed to provide school nutrition administrators with a heightened self-awareness about leadership styles, emotional intelligence, and work relationships. It will guide participants through a process to clarify group dynamics, improve communication skills, and use effective tools for successful decision making, efficient meetings, and highly functional teams. The program, intended to be the beginning of building a strong foundation on which future leadership will be developed, is rich, engaging, and fun!
See specific content information below in the "Attend and You Will Learn" section.
Who Should Attend
School nutrition administrators and supervisors
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Attend And You Will Learn
- Develop self-awareness of personal leadership styles and impact on others
- Experiment with essential leadership skills
- Develop dialogue skills for deep listening, constructive feedback, and conflict transformation
- Discover emotional intelligence and its importance
- Explore effective decision-making tools
- Determine effective meeting strategies