This course will introduce you to the world of a webmaster. You will learn how to plan and design a website, what constitutes effective website content, and how to create easy navigation for visitors. You will be exposed to all of the languages and the terminologies used in the world of the webmaster. You will also be introduced to the concepts that surround e-commerce. Finally, you will learn how to effectively navigate the Webmaster Certificate Program and you will discover the requirements and steps involved in the capstone project.
Who Should Attend
This course is perfect for anyone who is thinking about building or maintaining a website. From administrative assistants to web developers, this class is a great introduction into the formal processes involved in the world wide web.
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Basic computer knowledge.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you know how to plan, design, and put into action a website. You will know what is effective and how to create easy navigation for visitors to your site. You will also know the languages and terminologies in putting together an effective website.
Attend And You Will Learn
- Program and capstone project overview
- The web design challenges
- Planning your website
- Creating effective website content
- Layout and design
- Designing effective navigation
- HTML: The language of the web
- CSS: Giving your pages some style
- Audio, video, and Flash
- Tools for website design
- Adding a shopping cart
- Adding a social dimension
- Content management systems
- Testing and launching
- Promoting your website
- Measuring success
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Webmaster Certificate Program CMS Design Concentration : Take 11 courses to earn this certificate
- Webmaster Certificate Program Traditional Design Concentration : Webmaster Certificate Program Design Traditional Concentration