This course will prepare participants for the American National Standards Institution (ANSI)-approved Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) examination offered by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals. Successful completion of the exam meets the FDA North Carolina Food Code requirement for a CFPM. Those participating in the course will be able to create a work environment that minimizes food safety risks in food establishments through best practices, open communication, and thoughtful practice. See specific content information below in section "Expected Outcomes."
Why You Should Attend
NC Safe Plates is a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) course that will provide food safety instruction and an American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited CFPM examination for the Person in Charge (PIC) of a food establishment as specified in Paragraphs 2-102.12(A) and Section 2-102.20 of the NC Food Code. The course will also provide food safety instruction for school nutrition administrators as specified in the United States Department of Agriculture Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel Final Rule.
Who Should Attend
- School Nutrition Administrators
- School Nutrition Managers
- School Nutrition Assistant Managers
Attend and You Will Receive
This course will provide 1.25 hours of continuing education credit for professional development in the learning code 2620 Food Safety-General.
Attend and You Will Learn / Expected Outcome
- Participants will gain food safety knowledge to pass the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited National Registry of Food Safety Professionals certifying exam.
- Participants will develop an accurate understanding and perceptions of food safety risks.
- Participants will be able to implement best-food safety practices to minimize food safety risks.
- Participants will be able to develop co-workers and a work environment that empowers everyone to take responsibility for food safety.
Attend And You Will Learn
Attend this course and you will learn helpful information to minimize food safety risks in food establishments.